Bethnal Green Karate player is best in Britain
Bethnal Green Karate Club player Stuart Lee was crowned the new British 10-16-year-old champion at the BKK's British National Clicker Tournament at The Rivermead Leisure Centre in Reading last weekend
Bethnal Green Karate Club player Stuart Lee was crowned the new British 10-16-year-old champion at the BKK's British National Clicker Tournament at The Rivermead Leisure Centre in Reading last weekend.
Lee won all five of his fights in impressive style, defeating a few England squad members along the way.
Ellie Feldman gained joint third place in the under-10 category, after narrowly beating fellow club mate Dejean Knight in the last eight, while Clare Martin claimed second spot after edging past fellow Bethnal Green competitor Ellie in the semi-finals, only to be piped at the post in the very exciting final.
Kavanah Knight, Dejean Knight and James Cassidy all fought impressively and all reached the top eight of the Category as the team gained joint third place in the medal positions.
You may also want to watch:
Rachel Winfield fought very well, but could not improve on last years top eight position.
In the adults over-16s competition, Tim Diacon won second place only narrowly being beaten in an entertaining final.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
Ollie Pootter and Keiran Roddan fought very well, but could make top eight positions.
For those interested in taking up the sport, training nights take place at Tredegar Community Centre in Morville Street Tuesday and Thursdays between 6.30pm and 10pm. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.