Bethnal Green Sharks just miss out on victory
Bethnal Green Sharks narrowly lost out to Edmonton Phoenix Swimming Club when they competed for the Millbank Trophy in a six team gala at Park Road Swimming Pool, Hornsey on Saturday
Bethnal Green Sharks narrowly lost out to Edmonton Phoenix Swimming Club when they competed for the Millbank Trophy in a six team gala at Park Road Swimming Pool, Hornsey on Saturday.
Bobby McCarthy was in tremendous form after winning three events, while Frederick Lawrence captured two titles.
Gabriel Miltonoff won the 50m breastroke while Ziwen Cai and Charlie Bayliss captured butterfly titles.
The boys Under-11 team of Edward Turner, Stanley Ramsey, Teddy Perkins and Zack C. Martin won the 4 x 25m medley relay, while the Under-13 team of Frederick Lawrence, Samuel Collins, McCarthy and Sunny Mammone replicated that achievement.
You may also want to watch:
The boys under-13 side of McCarthy Collins, Mammone and Lawrence won the freestyle relay while the Under-15 girls team of Paige James, Brooke McCarthy, Brid Cudmore and Sian O'Loughlin were also victorious adding to the gold captured by Can Ozkutan, Martin,Cai and Lawrence in the boys medley relay.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars