Swimming: Bethnal Green Sharks strike gold for Tower Hamlets
- Credit: Archant
Two Bethnal green Sharks swimmers won gold medals at the London Youth Games at Crystal Palace.
Tower Hamlets took a 27-strong squad to the event for pupils in year five and six and Ahmed Dawood won the 50m freestyle in 32.18secs.
Sharks clubmate Lucas Malcev followed that up with a 50m backstroke win in 34.72, nearly two seconds ahead of the field.
Bethnal Green Sharks also saw Isla Roberts finish fifth in the girls’ 50m backstroke in 39.31 secs and Nino Saito Figuera take eighth in the boys’ 50m butterfly in 36.89.
And Dawood, Saito Figuera, Thomas Roberts and Malcev were 10th in the boys’ 4x50m freestyle relay in 2mins 22.80secs.
You may also want to watch:
Bethnal Green Sharks head coach Tony Ansell delivers talent lane swimming, in partnership with GLL, to promising youngsters in the borough.
And the also club holds main pool swimming trials at York Hall on Friday evenings at 6.50pm.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom