Big names in town for charity
- Credit: Archant
Cricket fixture taking place next month will have Brian Lara, Virender Sehwag and more stars involved
Cricket fans will get the chance to see a host of current and former international stars next month as Kabir Ali has three testimonial matches taking place locally.
The former England bowler retired from cricket in May due to ongoing injuries, but will be competing in three charity games at Leyton’s Old County Cricket Ground in Crawley Road.
The venue is the former home of Essex Cricket Club and on August 29, 30 and 31 the likes of Brian Lara, Wasim Akram and Shahid Afridi will be playing there alongside Kabir Ali and current England star Moeen Ali, who scored 77 against Australia last week and took five wickets to help England go 1-0 up in the Ashes.
Other names featuring in the testimonial matches, which are sponsored by HKSZ.TV, include Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Virender Sehwag, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Shoaib Akhtar, Andrew Symonds and Robin Peterson, with more big stars expected to be announced soon.
You may also want to watch:
Spin bowler Husnain Ramzan, 15, will also be playing in the matches to celebrate Kabir Ali’s career and will get the opportunity to demonstrate his talent against some of the world’s best.
For more information on the matches see the website hksz.tv.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 10 Hunt for bogus health worker who gave fake Covid jab to woman of 92