Caroline Dubois brings home another gold
- Credit: Archant
Repton lightweight Caroline Dubois has returned with another gold medal won at the European Youth Championships.
Dubois already held the world and Olympic youth titles and increased her medal collection by winning at the competition held at Sofia Sports Hall in Bulgaria.
The 18-year-old defeated Vilma Viitanen in the preliminaries before beating German Ilona Sarembo in the quarter-final.
She then came up against Ukrainian Amina Abramova in the semi-final before her final with Russian fighter Nune Asatrian, winning the gold on a points decision.
It was the youngster's 40th straight win and she now has her sights set on qualifying for the Olympic Games in 2020.
You may also want to watch:
She is the younger sister of unbeaten heavyweight boxer Daniel Dubois, who is fighting Ebenezer Tetteh for the Commonwealth Heavyweight Title at the Royal Albert Hall on Friday.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom