Boxing: Euro gold for Repton’s Dubois
- Credit: Archant
Repton’s Caroline Dubois won gold at the European Youth Championships to add to her two gold medals as a junior.
Taking on Russian rival Nune Asatrian at 60kg, Dubois produced an accomplished performance in her first year in the older group.
Dubois put her opponent under pressure from the first bell with her sharp southpaw lead hand jab and followed up with straight three punch combinations to the head.
It was a good first round for the English boxer and she picked it up still further in the second as she whipped in vicious body hooks.
Asatrian was given a count in the second round following a powerful backhand from Dubois, who could then afford to move and frustrate her opponent in the final round.
You may also want to watch:
Dubois picked her rival off with lead hand southpaw hooks as she came in and was announced as a unanimous 5-0 winner after the bell as she added a European Youth title to her impressive CV.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family