Boxing: Jose Lopes returns to winning ways by beatn Milan Cechvala
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Cruiserweight Jose Lopes was happy to get back on the victory trail at York Hall when he scored a third-round stoppage success over Slovakian Milan Cechvala.
East Londoner Lopes had his ambitions rocked when he suffered a controversial stoppage against Ossie Jervier in Southern Area title clash in March.
He bounced back with his eighth win in nine outings, slamming a third-round success against the Slovakian.
Cruiserweight Mark Little was delighted to make it five wins in a row, stopping experienced Sheffield rival Darren Snow in two rounds at York Hall.
You may also want to watch:
The prospect, trained by Dagenham coach Paul Cook, took early control of the clash, landing solid shots, before a powerful right to the body sent the Yorkshire fighter to the floor in the second round.
Snow climbed upright, but Little followed up with more solid shots and the referee signalled the end as the local fighter recorded his second York Hall win of 2017.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns