Boxing: Lansbury prospect James Fearnley racks up eighth win in nine bouts
- Credit: Archant
Youngster proving his talent on local scene
Lansbury BC southpaw prospect James Fearnley recorded his eighth win in nine bouts, outpointing Hockley’s Joshua Crabb in Dagenham on Friday.
Fearnly, one half of twin brothers at the Poplar-based club, landed accurate shots for a good points victory over his talented rival to set up a bid in the Schools’ Championship.
• Super-lightweight prospect Charlie Driscoll looks for an early night when he appears at York Hall on Friday’s Frank Warren promotion.
Unbeaten in three fights, Driscoll supports a Commonwealth title clash between Thomas Essomba and Jay Harris and Boy Jones Jr’s area title defence against Craig Poxton.
You may also want to watch:
In his last fight at Brentwood in November, Driscoll was kept waiting until after 11pm when most of the crowd had gone home,and the BoxNation cameras had been switched off.
“I was waiting for hours to box before I won on points (against Ross Jameson), but I hope I am on earlier at York Hall,” said the east Londoner.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
He will be tested on Friday by scheduled rival Rhys Saunders, who lost his fight for the Celtic title against Jason Easton in October, but won his three previous bouts and ended the six-fight unbeaten run of Wrexham’s Kerry Evans.
Other supporting bouts feature unbeaten prospects Lerrone Richards, Sanjeev Sahota and Archie Sharp, plus debut boxers Harley Benn and Zac Chelli on the show screened by BoxNation.