Boxing: Romario Wallace beaten in England ABA National Elite Championships semi-finals
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Repton welterweight Romario Wallace went out in the semi-finals of the England ABA National Elite Championships at the University of East London.
Wallace came up against last year’s beaten finalist Harris Akbar of Bradford College in the last four.
Akbar had a height and reach advantage over the Repton man, and it was only when Wallace cut the distance down that he began having some success.
However, Akbar had done enough to win the bout by unanimous decision having landed some telling punches.
By going out in the semi-finals of the national championships, Wallace suffered the same fate as his brother Andrew, a bantamweight, a few years earlier.
You may also want to watch:
Wallace had earlier reached the semi-finals after beating Jack Gabriel of Basingstoke by unanimous decision.
The Repton man was able to land punches through the defence of his Basingstoke rival to take the decision in the quarter-final bout of the national championships.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel