Bronze medal for Jamie at Championships
Globe Primary School pupil comes third at English Schools’ Table Tennis Championship Finals
Jamie Dignum returned from the England Schools’ Table Tennis Championship Finals with a bronze medal in the under-11s boys’ singles.
Dignum, who attends Globe Primary School, made the long trip to Doncaster for the finals and duly showed his class.
He breezed through the qualification stages, winning all of his matches 3-0, and sailed through to the quarter-finals.
Dignum met the national under-10s champion Alex Ramsden from Northampton in his quarter-final and showed tremendous grit when losing 2-1 to turn the game on its head to come back and win 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Next up were the semi-finals and Dignum faced the current national under-11s champion Hugo Pang from Dorset.
Dignum fought well in the first set losing 12-10, but then lost the next two sets for a final score of 3-0, which guaranteed him a bronze medal.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window