Buglioni prevails in thriller
Frank Buglioni featured in the top tussle of the night when Repton hosted a North-East squad
Frank Buglioni featured in the top tussle of the night when Repton hosted a North-East squad for a dinner show at the Woolston Manor Country Club in Chigwell on Friday night.
Buglioni's clash with Sunderland's Matt Law was an all-action thriller with both boxers trading toe-to-toe punches in every round.
Yet the Repton boxer proved more determined to take the verdict in a fierce four-round contest that helped Repton secure a 6-3 team triumph.
Lightweight Mike McCarthy also chalked up a victory for the home squad after an improved display to outpoint Dave Thompson, while there were also good wins for the Channing boys.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Channing proved too strong for Lee Sherriff while brother Ben was good value for his points win over Matt Seaman.
Andreas Wallace boxed his way to a unanimous points win over Sunderland's Tony Hodgeson, while Aaron McCleish was also a Repton winner after taking a majority verdict against Terry Hedley.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
* Damien Campbell, Repton's ABA super-heavyweight finalist in 2008, was named London's amateur boxer of the year by the London Ex-Boxers' Association.
Campbell (pictured) lost against Manchester's Tyson Fury in the national finals.
* Lansbury BC new boy Ishmael Haqq chalked up a first win in club colours on a South Norwood club show.
Haqq showed good form against South London rival Jimmy Coomey to take a points decision in the bout.