Community takes part in a deaf run at Mile End Park
- Credit: Archant
Al Isharah presented the sixth annual Deaf Run 2017 at Mile End Park and was well attended with many members of the community both young and old taking part.
The race was kickstarted by Paralympic Torchbearer Emdad Rahman alongside his friend Dulal Ahmed who lives with Churg Strauss Syndrome and has been wheelchair bound for several years.
Abdal Ahmed was race marshall and Shakil Miah was the official pacer.
On a sunny day the run took place in the park with every single runner completing the route and picking up a shiny medal.
There were several women who took part in the iconic run.
You may also want to watch:
Dulal Ahmed completed the course in his wheelchair and was pleased to see the turnout.
“I’m really happy to have been here today,” he said.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
“Al Isharah does so much for the deaf community and we all must do as much as we possibly can to support such amazing work.
“I really enjoyed taking part with my daughter Jamila, my friend Emdad and his sons.
“Even though I’m disabled I felt part of the family all throughout.”
The race followed a spectacular summer family event with food stalls, rides, inflatable challenges, an Eid Souk Bazaar with 60 stalls, Spicy hot-wings challenge, Tug-of-war tournament, and entertainment including Shaolin Monks as seen on Britain’s Got Talent and much more.
The festival was sponsored by Eastern Pride, Channel S, Iqra TV, EQ Traders & Mile End Park.