Cycling: Emdad Rahman completes cycling challenge to raise awareness of Dementia
- Credit: Archant
Rahman rode 300 miles for charity
Emdad Rahman has completed a 300-mile cycle challenge to raise awareness of Dementia and Alzheimer’s Research UK.
Dementia is one of our greatest medical challenges with one million people in the UK set to be affected by 2025. With the help of the public Alzheimer’s Research are leading the fight back.
Rahman signed up for the Cycling Down Dementia campaign to help raise funds and awareness of the condition and has been pedalling hard whilst logging his exploits and escapades on the saddle.
Rahman finished his final leg and celebrated a lunch reception with Sister Christine Frost, service users at Neighbours in Poplar, St Matthias community centre, Moklisur Rahman and his sponsors Hunter & Bloomfield Estate Agents.
You may also want to watch:
Sister Christine Frost said: “Dementia is such a huge concern and is a major cause for break ups within families and communities simply because people don’t understand and are not aware.
Abdul Hamid from Hunter & Bloomfield added: “This is something which is close to our hearts and Emdad is our childhood friend. It has been a pleasure to back the cause.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 8 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
Cycling Down Dementia (CDD) is a brand new virtual event from Alzheimer’s Research UK whereby a challenge is set to ride 300 or 1,000 miles between November and January to raise £150 to fund cutting-edge dementia research.
Rahman, who is a regular supporter of Alzheimer’s Research, said: “Naturally, I’m over the moon to have reached my target.
“I broke it all down into bite size segments and tried to create a story for social media each day. I have had people message to say that they have been inspired to do something similar.
“Others have said that they have a family member who is living with Dementia and my cycle blogs have helped educate them and improve their tolerance – For me that is the ultimate achievement in all of this!”
To sponsor Emdad, visit https://cycling-down-dementia-the-pioneer-challenge-300-miles.everydayhero.com/uk/number7-cdd