Defenceman Henry Aiken departs Lee Valley Lions
- Credit: Archant
Defenceman Henry Aiken is the first player to leave the Lee Valley Lions this off-season.
The 21-year-old, who joined the Lions ahead of the 2015/16 season from Guildford uner-18s, has been announced as signing for the newly-formed Guildford Phoenix ahead of the 2017/18 season.
Aiken returns to the club where he played his junior hockey, having spent the last two seasons wearing the green and blue, where he became a popular member of the team.
The youngster made 18 appearances, picking up two goals and seven assists, for a total of nine points for the club last term.
Aiken told Guilford Phoenix: “I’m very excited to be playing back at Guildford this season.
You may also want to watch:
“I was a junior player here from under-10s through to under-18s so I see this as my hometown club and I am very proud to be putting the jersey back on again.”
Signing announcements are expected from now until August.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning