Double reward for Tayla O’Brien at Hayashi-Ha England Open Karate Championships
- Credit: Archant
13-year-old from Bethnal Green enjoys success at Walthamstow event to the delight of sensei Terry Daly
Tayla O’Brien was smiling again on Sunday after claiming two golds at the Hayashi-Ha England Open Karate Championships in Walthamstow.
The Uechi Ruy Karate club member took part in two categories and showed her class in both events.
O’Brien first competed in the girls kumite 12-13 years section and got past some tough opponents to claim gold.
The 13-year-old from Bethnal Green then took part in the girls team kumite 13-15 years open weight category.
You may also want to watch:
O’Brien joined forces with Chloe Casimir and Demi Holland and the trip triumphed to seal another gold medal.
It was another excellent competition, which left sensei Terry Daly and his talented pupil very happy.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 Lockdown dancing in your own living room goes online from Canary Wharf
- 8 Tower of London's Queen raven feared dead
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Covid: School mourns sad loss of Marner Primary headteacher Nick Hague