Draw for UEL netball squad
- Credit: Archant
University of East London 21 University College London 21
UEL’s netball squad drew 21-21 with UCL this week after an excellent comeback.
Despite an encouraging first quarter, UEL found themselves behind in the match before coming back to earn a share of the spoils and start the season with a tie.
The netball squad started well and came in 4-2 up in the first quarter but UCL bounced back strongly in the second.
At half time the visitors were 12-8 ahead and UEL needed to find a response.
You may also want to watch:
Backed by extra home support in the third quarter, the hosts still lost further ground and went into the final quarter trailing by five points.
However, they showed great tenacity to pull the scores back to 18-19 before it eventually ended up level at the full time whistle.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Lockdown dancing in your own living room goes online from Canary Wharf
- 9 Tower of London's Queen raven feared dead
- 10 Covid: School mourns sad loss of Marner Primary headteacher Nick Hague