Youth Olympics: Dubois books place in gold medal bout
- Credit: Archant
Repton’s Caroline Dubois is guaranteed a medal at the Youth Olympics following her semi-final win in Argentina on Tuesday.
Dubois beat home favourite Oriana Saputo on unanimous points in front of a noisy, partisan crowd to book her place in the gold-medal bout.
Now unbeaten in 34 fights, she will face Thailand’s Porntip Buapa for the right to be called Olympic champion and said: “I’m excited to get to a final and perform in front of all these people.
“It’s been amazing here and I’m enjoying every second. I’ve never boxed in an atmosphere like that before and I pray I get the chance to do it again on a level like this.
“I paced myself well, I knew this girl was going to come forward, that’s what she does in all her fights. But I had an amazing game plan to fight her and did what I needed to do.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve never fought her (Buapa) before. She lost in the semi-finals of the Worlds when I fought the winner, but I’m just excited to get out there.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe