Dubois opens Youth Olympics campaign with win
- Credit: Archant
Repton prospect beat Tunisian rival in opening bout in Buenos Aires
Repton hope Caroline Dubois opened her quest for glory in the girls’ 60kg category at the Youth Olympics with a fine win in the opening round in Buenos Aires.
Dubois was last up in the early afternoon session and didn’t disappoint, making light work of Tunisia’s Mawada Taghouti, winning by unanimous decision with all five judges going with the blue corner.
The Londoner will be last on tomorrow night and the atmosphere is set to be electric as Dubois takes on Argentine fighter Oriana Saputo.
“I was a bit disappointed with the performance,” admitted Dubois. “I was just going for her in the first round but I should have paced myself more.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been hard to wait all this time to start fighting and then switch from a long period of training and getting down to fighting.”
As the number one seed in her category, the pressure will be on Dubois to progress to the next round.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims