Emdad Rahman raises awareness of charity at Virgin Sport British 10k London run
- Credit: Archant
Emdad Rahman delighted to complete run with son Ismael
Emdad Rahman completed 10 British 10k runs in a row by taking part in the iconic London capital city run.
The Virgin Sport British 10k London run, which took place on Sunday, is a street party and the ultimate foot tour of London’s best sights.
Runners go past Trafalgar Square, Embankment and Big Ben with entertainers, musicians, DJs and volunteers all cheering throughout the race route.
Emdad Rahman ran the race with his son Ismael, who was taking part in the acclaimed capital city run for the very first time.
You may also want to watch:
The dynamic duo ran to support the excellent support serves provided by the Whitechapel Mission for London’s homeless.
Emdad Rahman said: “We had a couple of injury issues agonisingly flare up within the first 100 metres, but there was no way we were pulling out.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 10 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
“It wasn’t my usual carefree run and the amazing memory of running with my son is one I’ll cherish.”