Your World Cup campaign reaches more than half of hockey clubs in England
- Credit: Archant
England Hockey is delighted to announce that over half of all hockey clubs in England are now involved with our Your World Cup campaign.
The aim of the campaign is to inspire clubs to utilise the increased visibility of hosting a home World Cup to inspire their communities to get involved with hockey.
Over half of the 800 hockey clubs in England have signed up to be a part of our mass participation campaign as we look to host the Vitality Hockey Women’s World Cup in London this summer.
There are currently over 1000 opportunities for people to get active with hockey live on the event map – many with a world cup twist!
England captain Alex Danson delighted with how the hockey family have come together ahead of the World Cup she said: “It is simply amazing to know that over 400 clubs are a part of the Your World Cup campaign; our clubs are already doing incredible work in their local areas, giving lots of opportunities to young and old to get involved in hockey.
You may also want to watch:
“To have a World Cup on home soil is going to be amazing and to have the clubs getting behind it and embracing that World Cup fever is incredible for our sport. Keep up the amazing work.”
England Hockey launched this campaign in November 2017 with six of the England squad members sharing their club stories and the importance of the club world helping them get to where they are today.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
Inspiring a generation, supporting schools, offering a range of ways to play, celebrating and supporting people, during the event and post event legacy are the six areas the campaign focuses on by providing support, tools and resources to help clubs develop in whichever way they choose.
At the start of 2018 England Hockey hosted over 50 regional forums where we invited clubs to learn more about the campaign and how it can benefit them.
We developed a brand new club resource portal filled with useful tools and support materials that clubs can use to aid their club development as they see fit plus given away junior hockey kits and World Cup party packs.
The Vitality Hockey Women’s World Cup takes place from July, 21 to August, 5 2018.
This is the biggest women’s hockey event in the world. A total of 16 world-class teams, including England, will be welcomed to the Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre on Stratford’s Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, the home of the sport.
For more information, where to buy tickets and how to follow the World Cup action, please visit: www.worldcup2018.hockey/women.