Charity game to take place at East London RFC on May 23
- Credit: Archant
English Cancer Crusaders aim to raise money for City of London police officers touched by cancer
East London RFC's Memorial Recreation Ground home will host a special match on Saturday to raise funds for City of London police officers with cancer.
The match on May 23 is being organised by the English Cancer Crusaders, who each year choose a different cancer-related cause to raise funds for.
English Cancer Crusaders have this year chosen to raise funds to help officers within the City of London police force who have been touched by cancer.
A host of former professionals are expected to take part in the match, including former internationals such as Bruce Reihana, Duncan Bell and Junior Paramore.
You may also want to watch:
Gates open at 4.45pm, with the first of two matches getting underway at 5.15pm, and there will also live music and a raffle following the games.
Tickets for the event are priced at £15 and can be purchased from eventbrite.co.uk/e/cancer-crusaders-23rd-may-2019-tickets-55272794416, where more information about the event can also be found.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green