Essex Senior League: Opening day drama with mixed fortunes for local clubs
- Credit: Tim Edwards
Redbridge got their season underway with a 3-1 victory over newly promoted Little Oakley with goals from Ibrahim Kehinde, Jake Brocklebank and Jack Roult.
Clapton suffered a 2-0 defeat away to Enfield on the opening day as Reece Conway and Olly Miles found the back of the net.
Athletic Newham nabbed a narrow 1-0 win through Jeff Idemudia against FC Clacton in their first match since earning promotion to the Essex Senior League.
Woodford Town got hammered 6-1 by Cockfosters on the opening day with Richard Asamoah scoring a late consolation goal.
Sporting Bengal United fell to a narrow 2-1 defeat away to Southend Manor with Terry Amoafa scoring the Mile End based side’s goal.
Ilford saw their home match postponed due to a number of positive Covid tests in the Hoddesdon Town squad.
Redbridge now take on Athletic Newham, Sporting Bengal United face Stanway Rovers on Tuesday evening, while Clapton host Takeley as Ilford start their campaign at home to Stansted the following evening.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 4 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 5 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 6 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 7 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 8 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi