Essex's County Championship fixture with Derbyshire abandoned due to Covid
The LV= Insurance County Championship fixture between Derbyshire and Essex at The Incora County Ground has been abandoned ahead of the second day’s play.
The decision was made after it was confirmed this morning that an unnamed member of the Derbyshire playing squad tested positive for COVID-19.
The player began self-isolating immediately and further players of the Derbyshire playing squad have been identified as close contacts.
Due to isolation protocols and the impact on Derbyshire’s available playing squad, the umpires have abandoned the match.
The Club have worked closely with Public Health England and both Derbyshire and The ECB with the health and safety of players, staff and officials the first priority.
You may also want to watch:
Confirmation of the awarding of points from the match will be announced in due course.
- 1 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 2 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 3 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 4 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 5 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 6 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 7 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 10 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016