Search

Alberto Cavasin disappointed for Leyton Orient fans after loss to Crewe Alexandra in League Two

PUBLISHED: 21:00 29 October 2016 | UPDATED: 21:03 29 October 2016

Leyton Orient's Nigel Atangana shows his disappointment (pic: Simon O'Connor).

Leyton Orient's Nigel Atangana shows his disappointment (pic: Simon O'Connor).

Simon O'Connor Photography

Italian believes players have to deal with supporters voicing their frustration and concedes east Londoners have plenty to work on

Leyton Orient boss Alberto Cavasin believes his players have to accept the supporters voicing their frustration during matches.

The O’s suffered a 2-0 defeat at home to Crewe Alexandra this afternoon to drop down to 23rd in League Two.

It is the lowest Orient have been since Francesco Becchetti took over the club in the summer of 2014 and several fans chanted for the Italian chairman to leave Brisbane Road during the contest with the Railwaymen.

“They are all football players with many years of experience under their belt. The players are as disappointed as the fans,” said Cavasin via a translator.

“If they were the ones in the stand they would think the same way as the supporters. This disappointment should stimulate us to do even more. This disappointment is not evil.”

Goals from George Cooper and Harry Davis during nine first half minutes ensured Crewe would claim all three points in east London.

After a bright opening half an hour, Orient faded badly after the opener and never looked like scoring causing supporters to chant ‘Becchetti out’ and ‘this is embarrassing’.

It was a hugely concerning performance and with O’s now in the bottom two, fans are fearful for the future.

Cavasin added: “The supporters obviously want their team to win and they want them to play good football and today this only happened for twenty minutes. This chanting is normal.

“This is just being a part of the team and the disappointment of the result because it is two months that the team continues to lose.”

Orient’s defeat this afternoon was their eighth at Brisbane Road in all competitions this season.

Since Cavasin’s appointment, they have claimed only one victory in five matches and lost four times. He said: “Obviously we concede goals and we’re not scoring enough even when playing with an offensive team.

“We need to find the balance between defence and offence because when we are breathing out of possession, the opposition team seem to always go for goal. We need to score more.”

The 60-year-old revealed the players didn’t do double training sessions every day last week and had Wednesday off.

When asked if the players needed to train more because they didn’t look fit in the second half against Crewe, Cavasin said: “The negative emotion of the result can make the players struggle more than they are suppose to.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the East London Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Related articles

Latest East London Sports News

Yesterday, 17:04

League Two: Stevenage 0 Leyton Orient 2

Premier League: West Ham United 1 Manchester City 1

Fri, 10:00

Leyton Orient head coach Ross Embleton has revealed he spoke with former O’s striker and now Stevenage boss Alex Revell frequently during the original Covid-19 lockdown as they now go head-to-head this weekend.

Wed, 14:00

Sporting Bengal United manager Imrul Gazi is feeling confident after two big wins to correct their slow start to the new Essex Senior League season.

Wed, 12:00

Wapping men secured a 4-2 victory over Bromley and Beckenham to make it three consecutive wins in the Conference East League.

Wed, 09:27

Leyton Orient head coach Ross Embleton was ‘pleased’ for his squad to bounce back to winning ways as they put in a much-better team performance.

Tue, 22:36

League Two: Tranmere Rovers 0 Leyton Orient 1

Tue, 15:00

West Ham United fan and budding journalist Kwame Boakye gives his views on the club’s comeback away to rivals Tottenham and believes Fulham is the next big test with Manchester City and Liverpool on the horizon.

PROMOTED CONTENT

With winter fast approaching, it is now more important than ever for us all to carry on following COVID-19 precautions to help stop the spread of the virus by always observing the three-tier local restrictions and remembering three key words – Hands, Face, Space.

The NHS COVID-19 app can make a real difference to how we all tackle the pandemic, protecting our loved ones and those most at risk from coronavirus. Everyone aged 16 and over across England and Wales can download the app for free and play their part in combating the pandemic.

The way the UK does business with Europe changes from January 1, heralding a new start for the small and medium-sized companies. Let’s get businesses ready to take advantage of new opportunities...

Digital Edition

cover

Enjoy the
Docklands and East London Advertiser
e-edition today

Subscribe

Education and Training

cover

Read the
Education and Training
e-edition today

Read Now

Latest from the East London Advertiser