Search

Loan switch to Orient was a ‘no-brainer’ says new defender

PUBLISHED: 11:00 07 October 2015

New Orient loan signing Adam Chicksen, in action for former club Milton Keynes Dons (pic: David Davies/PA)

New Orient loan signing Adam Chicksen, in action for former club Milton Keynes Dons (pic: David Davies/PA)

PA Wire/Press Association Images

Brighton & Hove Albion ace happy in east London and explains how quickly his loan switch occured on Thursday evening

Leyton Orient head coach Ian Hendon (pic: Simon O'Connor).Leyton Orient head coach Ian Hendon (pic: Simon O'Connor).

Leyton Orient defender Adam Chicksen didn’t need to think twice before deciding to move to Brisbane Road again on-loan last week.

The 24-year-old is in east London again for his second spell with the O’s after previously playing three matches in January 2012.

He has moved up to E10 from Brighton & Hove Albion on an initial one-month loan and admits he is taking it game by game after making his debut against Notts County on Saturday.

But the former MK Dons ace explained how quickly the move came about, he said: “I found out Thursday evening/night that Leyton Orient were interested in me.

“It didn’t get done until late that night so I travelled up that evening, I have done it before, but it is never nice having to do that. I just got my head on, though, got ready for the game and did my normal routine so I was ready for it.

“Last time I was here I absolutely loved it and spoke to all my family and friends, got the advice I needed and for me it was a no-brainer. I want to go to a place where I will enjoy it, play the football I like to play and this was the place.

“I only found out I was starting in the changing room before the game. I obviously wanted to do well in the Friday training and I was hoping to make selection, which I did, and then I gave everything for the team.”

Chicksen replaced Frazer Shaw in the Orient back four and brought a calming presence to a defence that had made mistakes in previous matches.

Ian Hendon’s team had lost 2-1 to Carlisle United prior to facing the Magpies at the weekend and needed to respond.

With Chicksen slotting in at left-back, they managed to do that as Sammy Moore scored twice and Jay Simpson added another to earn a 3-1 success.

The Brighton defender added: “I am very happy to get the win and it puts you in that stead where other sides will look at you and start to fear you.

“It emphasises where you want to go in this division and wins can only do that, 3-1 against Notts County sends a message.

“The initial loan period is a month so we will see how we go at the end of that month. I just want to get the games I am here for and win as many as possible.

“An extension is always on the cards, you have got to see what the two clubs agree from there, but for me it is game by game and the next one is Crawley Town.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the East London Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Related articles

Latest East London Sports News

Yesterday, 16:15

Jamie Porter claimed his first wicket of the match in a truncated session of play that allowed just 10.5 overs of play in the afternoon session shoehorned in between rain.

Yesterday, 13:13

Sam Cook collected two wickets for Essex in their Bob Willis Trophy shoot-out with Somerset before the West Country outfit responded to reach the lunch interval on 90 for 3.

Yesterday, 10:21

London Lions suffered FIBA Basketball Champions League heartbreak as they missed out on the next stage with a narrow 77-73 defeat to Lithuanian side Neptunas Klaipeda in the first qualifying round.

Yesterday, 10:00

Essex captain Tom Westley believes staging the Bob Willis Trophy final against Somerset on neutral ground, negating the home benefits of Chelmsford and Taunton to the protagonists, will provide the perfect setting to decide the red-ball champions of a truncated season.

Tue, 19:59

West Ham confirmed that David Moyes, Issa Diop and Josh Cullen returned positive tests for COVID-19.

Tue, 16:00

Leyton Orient’s third round Carabao Cup clash with Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur is not taking place this evening as scheduled.
Discussions are ongoing between the relevant stakeholders in regards to the implications of the fixture not taking place tonight and a further update will be provided in due course.
Leyton Orient, the EFL and the relevant authorities are conducting a thorough review of the club’s covid-19 secure procedures with the view to re-opening the stadium and training ground as soon as possible.

Tue, 12:46

Leyton Orient chairman Nigel Travis expects the Carabao Cup fixture against Tottenham Hotspur to be replayed after the club revealed a number of their first-team squad had tested positive for COVID-19 on the eve of their clash with Spurs.

PROMOTED CONTENT

For the past six months, employers and employees have been adapting to ways of working from home. The green light has now been given to many people to go back to offices safely. From flexible hours and staggered starting times to deep cleaning, we’re getting ready for new ways of working.

School’s in for summer – and beyond – with health experts agreeing that pupils safely returning to their studies is “positively” the right thing to do. It’s vital for all children’s welfare, not just in terms of students’ future education but also mental and physical well-being, as well as social interaction of classmates.

The NHS Test and Trace system provides protection for family, friends, colleagues and the community, and is here to keep all of us safe and allow us to enjoy summer safely. We take a look at how the system is working and talk to one member of the thousands of team members about her experiences.

Digital Edition

cover

Enjoy the
Docklands and East London Advertiser
e-edition today

Subscribe

Education and Training

cover

Read the
Education and Training
e-edition today

Read Now

Latest from the East London Advertiser