Search

Sammy Moore hails Leyton Orient fans ahead of next adventure

PUBLISHED: 17:00 15 May 2017

Sammy Moore looks to keep possession for Leyton Orient at Portsmouth midway through the 2016/17 season (pic: Simon O'Connor).

Sammy Moore looks to keep possession for Leyton Orient at Portsmouth midway through the 2016/17 season (pic: Simon O'Connor).

Simon O'Connor Photography

Midfielder set to join Alex Cisak and many more players in leaving O’s this summer

Alex Cisak in action for Leyton Orient against Mansfield Town at the start of the 2016/17 season (pic: Simon O'Connor).Alex Cisak in action for Leyton Orient against Mansfield Town at the start of the 2016/17 season (pic: Simon O'Connor).

Sammy Moore expressed his gratitude to Leyton Orient’s fans last week, as he virtually confirmed his departure from Brisbane Road on Twitter.

The former Wimbledon midfielder took to social media to thank O’s supporters for all their support during his two years in E10.

Moore’s contract expires on June 30 and he is one of many players set to leave the relegated club this summer.

“I just wanted to thank everyone at Leyton Orient FC for their support over the last two seasons,” said Moore.

“Staff and fans have been unreal! There’s been many highs and many lows, but the fans were always 110 per cent behind us – some of the best fans I know.

“Things didn’t work out with the vision I had when I first signed unfortunately, but I’ve met an unreal bunch of lads.

“A special thanks to the physio Pete Webb and the medical team for their support in my recovery back into the game from injury.

“Good luck to Orient in the future, they’ll bounce back, but for now I’m going to enjoy the summer with my family and look forward to my next adventure.”

Moore is one of 15 players out of contract at Orient and many more could exit the now National League club due to relegation release clauses in their current deals.

O’s goalkeeper Alex Cisak is set to depart and he also put a message out to the fans on social media recently.

The Australian, who first represented Orient during the 2014/15 campaign on loan before signing permanently the following summer, hailed the supporters.

“O’s fans, it has been a pleasure to play for your wonderful club. Your level of support and commitment has been phenomenal throughout my time here,” said Cisak.

“I sincerely hope that the club can bounce back at the first time of asking next season.”

All of the Orient players out of contract will find out their fate by Saturday and like many before them, will receive a letter from the club confirming they will not receive a new deal.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the East London Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Latest East London Sports News

Yesterday, 09:14

Leyton Orient head coach Ross Embleton says his side showed real spirit and deadly finishing as they came away from Port Vale with a 3-2 victory in a match where they had to sit deep and defend.

Saturday, November 28, 2020

League Two: Port Vale 2 Leyton Orient 3

Friday, November 27, 2020

Leyton Orient head coach Ross Embleton understands perspective will be important as they look to get themselves into the League Two play-off places.

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Leyton Orient head coach Ross Embleton has revealed it could be a chance for young creative attacker Jordan Maguire-Drew to shine as they travel away to Port Vale.

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Leyton Orient head coach Ross Embleton has revealed the club is already working on a number of contract extensions for players, including top goal scorer Danny Johnson.

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Leyton Orient head coach Ross Embleton has explained the reasons behind the Port Vale match being swapped to an earlier kick-off.

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Leyton Orient defender Dan Happe insists it’s a rare occasion for him to find the back of the net but was more focused on the clean sheet and picking up the win.

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Leyton Orient head coach Ross Embleton heaps praise on young defender Dan Happe as he netted the winner in their 1-0 victory over Bradford City.

PROMOTED CONTENT

Let’s get physical! One of the dangers of lockdown is to be lulled into laziness, watching too many box sets, and eating and drinking too much, but there is no excuse to not start exercising to get fit and stay healthy.

UK Government Chancellor Rishi Sunak has announced extra measures to support workers and businesses throughout winter, including a furlough scheme extension paying 80 per cent of staff wages.

The way the UK does business with Europe changes from January 1, heralding a new start. All companies that trade with the EU need to act now to make sure they are set to go.

Digital Edition

cover

Enjoy the
Docklands and East London Advertiser
e-edition today

Subscribe

Education and Training

cover

Read the
Education and Training
e-edition today

Read Now

Latest from the East London Advertiser