Search

Sloppy goals cost O’s

PUBLISHED: 16:00 13 October 2015

Leyton Orient goalkeeper Alex Cisak has his goal put under pressure at Crawley (pic: Simon O'Connor).

Leyton Orient goalkeeper Alex Cisak has his goal put under pressure at Crawley (pic: Simon O'Connor).

07958 573219 simon.oconnor@virgin.net

Brisbane Road boss confirms club won’t appeal Alan Dunne’s dismissal during 3-2 loss at Crawley Town

Leyton Orient defender Alan Dunne is shown a red card for fouling Crawley Town's Rhys Murphy inside the penalty area (pic: Simon O'Connor).Leyton Orient defender Alan Dunne is shown a red card for fouling Crawley Town's Rhys Murphy inside the penalty area (pic: Simon O'Connor).

Leyton Orient head coach Ian Hendon was disappointed with the sloppy goals his side conceded at Crawley Town on Saturday and also confirmed they won’t be appealing the red card given to defender Alan Dunne.

The O’s appeared in control until Roarie Deacon cut inside, when Adam Chicksen allowed him too much time on the ball, and rifled in the equaliser off the post.

Mitch Hancox then put the Red Devils ahead when his initial corner wasn’t cleared properly and he caught out Alex Cisak at his near post.

And the final nail in the coffin was Alan Dunne coming together with Rhys Murphy inside the penalty area when Orient had been caught on the break.

The former Millwall man was sent off and the east Londoners couldn’t find a way back with 10-men for the whole of the second half.

Hendon said: “We have had three clean sheets this season, obviously we like them, but they are just not coming at the moment.

“We were in control but you concede and the goals were quite sloppy the way they have gone in. Alex has got to do better for the second one.”

Orient were without captain Mathieu Baudry for the clash at Broadfield Stadium and Hendon confirmed the Frenchmen wasn’t available due to concussion he suffered against Notts County.

He is expected to be back, however, for this weekend’s match with Oxford United at Brisbane Road.

“Matty has been a massive loss, he had a bad injury and went to see a plastic surgeon, who stitched him up and obviously has had to have tests for concussion,” added Hendon.

“They came back saying he wasn’t alright. We can’t medically put him at risk so we have to wait two weeks before he can play, but he should be back for the Oxford game.”

Baudry’s return will be much-needed with Dunne suspended after his dismissal against Crawley.

It caused members of the two teams to exchange words after the full time whistle, Hendon said: “It was a bit of a dispute over the penalty decision.

“It looks like the lad has gone down very easily before Dunne has even got near him. We have ended up conceding a goal from it and we’ve lost our player as well.

“But I don’t think there is much point appealing it because someone makes a decision and I am sure they’ll stick by it.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the East London Advertiser. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Related articles

Latest East London Sports News

Yesterday, 17:00

The Government has issued health and safety guidelines which will pave the way for elite sport to return behind closed doors in England from Monday.

Yesterday, 16:36

Cricket West Indies has granted approval in principle for the proposed Test tour of England in July as the return of international cricket moves closer.

Yesterday, 15:00

Rounders England has developed a new family-friendly version of the game that can be played in small groups.

Yesterday, 12:30

Administrators across the sporting world have been working to plot a course out of the coronavirus shutdown.

Yesterday, 09:00

With live sport remaining on hold during the ongoing coronavirus shutdown, why not put your sporting general knowledge to the test?

Fri, 17:19

At least five Premier League matches have been earmarked to be played at neutral venues by police if the competition resumes, plus any further games where Liverpool could win the title.

Fri, 17:15

The England and Wales Cricket Board has named a bumper 55-man training group ahead of what it hopes will be a busy international schedule, with a host of new and returning faces joining the core squad.

Fri, 14:30

It seems hard to believe it is 100 years since Great Britain last won an Olympic heavyweight medal in the ring.

PROMOTED CONTENT

The Government is encouraging people to stay alert as many take their first steps back to their workplace.

The Government has announced an unprecedented package of support to protect jobs and support business across the UK during the coronavirus outbreak.

People working for a wide range of private companies have been standing side-by-side with public sector staff on the front line during the coronavirus outbreak.

Most read sport

Competitions

A competition for wannabe writers has been started to add works to Canary Wharf’s ‘short story’ dispensers which are temporarily locked up by the lock down.

Digital Edition

cover

Enjoy the
Docklands and East London Advertiser
e-edition today

Subscribe

Education and Training

cover

Read the
Education and Training
e-edition today

Read Now

Most Read

Latest from the East London Advertiser