Search

Welling want Orient ace to be with them for rest of the season

PUBLISHED: 10:15 11 November 2015 | UPDATED: 10:23 11 November 2015

Leyton Orient midfielder Harry Lee (pic: Simon O'Connor).

Leyton Orient midfielder Harry Lee (pic: Simon O'Connor).

Simon O'Connor Photography

Young midfielder has returned back to National League outfit after being recalled last week

Leyton Orient have allowed midfielder Harry Lee to go back to Welling United on-loan after recalling him last week.

Ian Hendon decided to bring the 21-year-old back to Brisbane Road ahead of their FA Cup first round tie with Staines Town.

Lee took a place on the bench against the Swans with Bradley Pritchard ruled out through suspension, but has now returned to the National League side.

He will be at Park View Road for another 28 days, not until January, and impressed last night (Tuesday) as they held in-form Forest Green to a 1-1 draw.

The O’s midfielder assisted Welling’s goal as he won the ball in midfield, drove at the opposition defence before passing to Michael Bakare and he lashed home.

But Green hit back eight minutes from time to earn a share of the spoils. Wings assistant coach Matt McEntegart revealed afterwards that the club want to keep Lee until the end of the season.

“We’ve pestered Ian Hendon at Leyton Orient and made phone calls about Harry, but there was nothing more we could do,” he told Kent Online.

“Then on Tuesday he rang out of the blue and said he wanted to help us and that we could have him until January. We’re hoping that we’ll be able to have him until the end of the season.”

The fact the O’s have allowed Lee to return to Welling suggests Hendon is confident he can bring more players to the club on-loan this week.

After Saturday’s win over Staines he confirmed the club were “looking to bring a couple in” and it would be a big surprise if the east Londoners didn’t announce some new loan signing before their match with Hartlepool United this weekend.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the East London Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Related articles

Latest East London Sports News

16:00

The Lewin Sports Injury Clinic is marking its first year of business – and it’s been a bizarre time because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

10:38

In-form West Ham forward Michail Antonio has been ruled out of Saturday’s trip to Liverpool, but David Moyes is hopeful he will not be missing for too long.

10:00

Leyton Orient head coach Ross Embleton admits they’re missing special moments without fans in the ground as they head into another hectic week.

Yesterday, 13:00

Leyton Orient captain Jobi McAnuff has backed English Football League chairman Rick Parry’s combative letter to the Government and revealed the toll on players caused by the continued absence of fans from matches.

Wed, 16:00

London Lions have added Great Britain centre Fahro Alihodzic to their roster as they approach the start of the domestic season and look to January’s FIBA Eurocup campaign.

Wed, 15:00

A programme to get more youngsters involved in outdoor sport is being started at Mile End stadium in the search for “the hockey stars of tomorrow”.

Wed, 13:00

West Ham United fan and budding journalist Kwame Boakye is feeling optimistic under manager David Moyes.

Wed, 10:00

Leyton Orient head coach Ross Embleton was ‘disappointed’ that his side failed to push on after early lead as they drew 1-1 with Exeter City.

PROMOTED CONTENT

Did you know? UCAS gets almost 3 million university applications from around 700,000 people each year. That’s a lot of competition. So how can your son or daughter stand out? 

With winter fast approaching, it is now more important than ever for us all to carry on following COVID-19 precautions to help stop the spread of the virus by always observing the three-tier local restrictions and remembering three key words – Hands, Face, Space.

The NHS COVID-19 app can make a real difference to how we all tackle the pandemic, protecting our loved ones and those most at risk from coronavirus. Everyone aged 16 and over across England and Wales can download the app for free and play their part in combating the pandemic.

Digital Edition

cover

Enjoy the
Docklands and East London Advertiser
e-edition today

Subscribe

Education and Training

cover

Read the
Education and Training
e-edition today

Read Now

Latest from the East London Advertiser