Frank Maloney slams 'motormouth' Tyson Fury
Frank Maloney has responded to Tyson Fury's scathing verbal attack on the promoter's fighters by branding the promising heavyweight a 'rent-a-quote motormouth'.
Frank Maloney has responded to Tyson Fury's scathing verbal attack on the promoter's fighters by branding the promising heavyweight a "rent-a-quote motormouth".
Fury, unbeaten in seven fights, has criticised the quality of heavyweight boxing on Maloney bills, but the busy promoter reckons the mouthy Mancunian must be suffering from amnesia.
"I would say my track record with heavyweights is better than anybody in British boxing," said Maloney, who helped guide East London-born Lennox Lewis to world heavyweight stardom.
"Perhaps Fury had a hard spar that day when he made those comments, and I'll forgive him if he did.
You may also want to watch:
"My work with Lennox is there for all to see and I helped discover Nikolai Valuev and John Ruiz - that's one great world champion and two decent ones.
"Let's be honest, Fury wouldn't have been allowed in the same city as Lennox, let alone the same ring!"
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
Maloney reckons Fury should be more worried about his own promoter Mick Hennessy, who was outbid for next month's English title clash at Brentwood.
"If Mick had such belief in him, why did he get blown out of the water by me in the purse bids for this fight?
"Fury and Mick are quick to tell the world he is the greatest heavyweight hope in the world, but he obviously can't be that valued because he is the away fighter in his first title fight.