Gabriel’s a tennis FutureStar
- Credit: Archant
Young Londoner on LTA programme
An up-and-coming junior tennis player from Bow has been highlighted as one of the brightest talents in the country.
Gabriel Curreli, 10, has been included on the Lawn Tennis Association’s (LTA) Aegon FutureStars programme, which recognises and supports some of the best juniors in the country.
The emerging young star earned his place on the programme following a successful year on court and will now receive added support from the LTA.
The talented youngster has been included as part of the 2014 intake of players and will be part of a group of 424 top juniors from around the country who all receive varying levels of funding and support from the LTA.
You may also want to watch:
Leon Smith, head of men’s tennis at the LTA, said: “We are committed to supporting and identifying our most talented players, and the Aegon FutureStars programme is central to this process for young players who are starting out in the game.
“There’s obviously a long way to go for these players. It’s a long journey for any player hoping to make an impact on the game, but we hope that with the right support, these players are given the best possible chance of reaching their full potential.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
David Macmillan, chief marketing officer at Aegon, added: “We’re delighted to continue supporting the LTA in identifying and developing young players across the country.
“As a business, we believe that preparation is key, and the Aegon FutureStars programme plays an essential role in enabling young people to fulfill their potential, and make the next step in their tennis journey.”
For more information please go to www.lta.org.uk.