Good weekend for East London Hockey
East London Hockey men's outfit headed to Chelmsford for a crucial match with the opposition just one point ahead of them in the race for promotion
East London Hockey men's outfit headed to Chelmsford for a crucial match with the opposition just one point ahead of them in the race for promotion.
After 20 minutes East London found themselves two goals to the good thanks to two fine strikes from Kevin Taylor, before Chelmsford scored four.
However, East London came back as on-form striker Taylor netted twice more before the final whistle to make it 4-4.
The ladies' side visited Southend and were held to a 1-1 draw despite enjoying much of the possession in a frustrating match.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, the men's third XI played old rivals Romford in an exciting end-to-end match and earned a point thanks to two Ian Allgood strikes.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 Disgraceful management of the pandemic