Taylor goal helps Great Britain draw with Germany
- Credit: Archant
International Friendly: Germany 1 Great Britain 1
Luke Taylor netted his second goal in two games to help Great Britain to a 1-1 draw with Germany in Cologne.
Taylor put GB ahead from a penalty corner before Mats Grambusch grabbed an equaliser for Germany after 26 minutes.
With the pitch bathed in sunshine in front of a strong crowd the hosts were quick off the mark. In the opening minutes Harry Gibson was called into action and made a smart save.
The German side continued to put pressure on the Great Britain backline but struggled to make circle penetrations as the visitors defended strongly.
You may also want to watch:
GB improved enjoying more possession and won a penalty corner on 23 minutes which Taylor flicked hard and low past the diving goalkeeper.
However Germany immediately responded to level the scores before half-time. A swift attack down the right saw the ball cut back from the baseline and it was eventually turned home by Grambusch.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
The third quarter was closely contested but with neither side creating many clear cut chances. This pattern on play continued into the final fifteen minutes but Germany began to step up the pressure on the GB defence in the closing minutes.
Both sides created chances in the final stages but neither could convert to grab and winner as the full time whistle blew. The sides face again on Friday to bring the tour to a close.
Great Britain: Gibson, Ames, Forsyth, Hoare, Ward, Roper, Dixon, Middleton, Creed, Ansell, Kyriakides.
Substitutes: George Pinner, Luke Taylor, Henry Weir, Chris Griffiths, David Condon, Jonty Griffiths, Will Calnan.