Hockey: East London have tons of fun at 25th anniversary event
- Credit: Archant
Club host clubs from across Europe in celbratory competition
Twenty-four teams from across east London, England and Europe descended on the Lee Valley Hockey & Tennis Centre last week to help celebrate East London’s 25th anniversary.
In honour of the occasion, the club hosted the celebratory event across three days, with teams taking part in eight-a-side matches while there were also social events on all three nights.
Several trophies were handed out at the end of the weekend for their efforts both on and off the pitch.
Blackpool Hockey Festival were awarded ‘Best Tweet’, ‘Best Photographer’ went to Sally Bentar, ELHC Einsteins were named ‘Most Sociable Team’, while Navan collected the ‘Best Fancy Dress’ prize.
You may also want to watch:
As for the on-pitch awards, Karlsruhe won the Shield after a 2-0 win over Dom Tyler’s ELHC in the final, but the Trophy was shared following an exciting goalless draw between Old Willies and Boozerinas.
“It was a weekend that summed up what ELHC is all about — hockey and socialising with friends new and old,” said tournament director Daniel Goodacre.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
“Thank you to everyone involved; the players, the umpires, the photographers, the volunteers and the spectators.
“And a special thankyou to the event organisers, Char Tyler, Emily Quin, Mark Princey and Mikey P, who put so much effort into making it a success.”
The club are also hosting a 25th anniversary dinner on August 19 and more information can be found on the club’s website.