Former Great Britain manager John Hurst hosting goalkeeping class at Wapping Hockey Club
- Credit: Archant
Former Great Britain manager and goalkeeping coach, John Hurst who helped the team win gold at the Rio Olympics, will be offering goalkeeping hopefuls training on Sunday 18 November from 2.30pm to 4.30pm on the Olympic pitch in Lee Valley (Stratford, London).
The session is suitable for all abilities from aspiring keeper trying out goalkeeping for the first time to those who play regularly. It is open to both adults (£30pp) and children (£15pp).
Goalkeeping Academy 2014/14, photo by Iain McAuslan
John Hurst, former GB coach, said: “I’m looking forward to working with Wapping Hockey Club on the goalie academy and believe that the session is a great opportunity for all goalkeepers to brush up on their skills, learn new techniques and even better, to get outdoors this November.
“I’m hoping that both experienced keepers and anyone new to the game will come along.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ll also be joined by Scottish goalie Allan Dick who will be able to share his first-hand experiences on the pitch.”
Matthew Patterson, Wapping Hockey Club Chairman, added: “Wapping prides itself on being a centre of excellence for experienced and aspiring goalkeepers alike.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
“Our goalkeeper academy sessions are friendly but intensive sessions to help goalkeepers sharpen their skills and think about the game differently.
“They also form a key part of our ambition to make hockey more accessible to everyone in the local area.”
Wapping Goalie Academy full details:
Date: Sunday, November, 18
Time: 2.30pm – 4.30pm
Location: Lee Valley Stadium pitch, Stratford
Cost: £30 (adults) or £15 (children)
If you’re interested in taking part and learning some skills from a hockey legend contact email@example.com to secure your place.