Hussain triumphs in team event at National Championships
- Credit: Archant
Poplar native helps Fusion to success
Poplar’s Emran Hussain struck gold at the National Table Tennis Championships after triumphing in the men’s team event at the competition.
The 24-year-old was representing Fusion alongside Mike O’Driscoll and Lorestas Trumpauskas, with the trio combining to become the inaugural winners of the category.
Despite Hussain losing his match in the final against London Academy, a pair of wins for O’Driscoll and success for Trumpauskas saw Fusion home.
“It’s good to win the first team event and it’s my first gold medal at a Nationals, so it feels really good,” said Hussain.
You may also want to watch:
“It wasn’t easy, we had some long matches, but that’s not a surprise because we played them twice in the British League this year and I think they both finished 4-4, so we know each other pretty well.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United