Ice Hockey: Lee Valley Lions coach George Alley steps down
- Credit: Archant
Lee Valley Lions have announced that Head Coach, George Alley has asked to step down from his role for next season.
Alley first took over as head coach in 2016 and led the Lions in two league campaigns.
First finishing fourth in the old NIHL 2 South East, before last season’s difficult campaign in NIHL South 2 Wilkinson.
“I’d like to thank the Lions and Eddie Joseph for giving me the opportunity to coach my home team for the last two years,” Alley said.
“The Lions have a fantastic group of players, and Lee Valley is home to easily the best dressing room I’ve been involved with in hockey.
You may also want to watch:
“I wish the club all the best for next season and beyond.”
Eddie Joseph, on behalf of all those involved with the Lee Valley Lions added: “I would like to extend my most sincere thanks to George for his tireless work to take this club forward.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 4 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 7 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 8 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 10 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
“George has put his heart and soul into this team and will be sorely missed by all of us associated with Lee Valley.
“I wish George all the best in his future endeavours.”