Lansbury talent Fernley helps Team England to success
- Credit: Archant
The London prospect caught the eye in Cardiff and defeated two Welsh opponents
Lansbury ABC’s James Fernley impressed for England in the Junior and Youth GB Three Nations tournament last weekend.
The talented young boxer was in action twice against Welsh opponents and claimed two excellent wins.
It ensured Team England enjoyed a highly successful Junior and Youth GB Three Nations in Cardiff, Wales.
Fernley faced Sam Morris first at the two-day event, taking place on Friday and Saturday, and emerged a 5-0 winner in the 52kg contest.
You may also want to watch:
The Lansbury youngster controlled the ring and kept his opponent away using his reach as he landed well.
After easily swatting aside Morris, next up for Fernley was a bout against Scott Brandon and this was closer.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
A cagey affair occurred, but the Londoner edged the fight and claimed a 4-1 split decision success.
It gave Fernley more glory and continues his remarkable year. Lansbury head coach Adam Spelling said: “This kid is a star of the future.”