Karate club return from national tournament with two British champions
Bethnal Green club celebrate impressive results
Bethnal Green Karate Club made the trip to the Rivermead Leisure Centre in Reading last weekend for the BKK National Clicker Tournament.
The club took a total of 12 competitiors to the tournament, where around 50 clubs were competing with more than 320 fighters in action.
And the Bethnal Green club returned with two British champions following a host of impressive performances from the squad.
Nick Lee, fighting in his first ever competition, became the under-10 champion after winning all of his five contests in his category.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Ouko also returned as a British champion, after he won all of his five fights to take the the adult title.
Rachel Winfield and Clare Martin starred in the junior 10-16 years competition, where the girls came third after beating two British squad members before losing to a third.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
Ellie Fieldman was also placed in the quarter-finals of the same competition, while Stuart Lee was placed in the same stage of the cadet 16-18 years category.
The club train at the Tredegar Community Centre, Morville Street, on Tuesday and Thursday nights form 6.30pm to 10pm.
For more details, visit the club’s website at www.bethnalgreenkarateclub.com.