Keira’s Youth Games judo medal
Bishop Challoner student wins bronze at Crystal Palace finals
Keira Strong brought some local pride to Tower Hamlets last Saturday when she won a medal at the London Youth Games judo finals at Crystal Palace.
The 14-year-old Bishop Challoner student won bronze in the female junior over-70kg class.
“I wasn’t really expecting to win a medal,” said Strong.
“I competed here last year and won nothing so this year’s been a lot better.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a tougher competition this year and by wearing the Tower Hamlets shirt meant I represent something.
“Performing at the London Youth Games will help me go far. I want to perform at the Olympics.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning