Kevin Mitchell, David Haye and Ricky Hatton sign up for charity event
Some of the biggest names in boxing will travel to Canvey Island on July 25 for a football tournament.
BOXING has earned a reputation for supporting good causes over the years and this will be proved again when some of the biggest names in the sport head to the Brockwell Stadium in Canvey Island for a charity football tournament on Sunday, July 25, writes Len Whaley.
The tournament, which is organised by east London duo Johnny Eames and Derek Grainger, who are both coaches the Ultrachem TKO Gym in Canning Town, to raise funds for The Indee Rose Trust, which provides support to children recovering from brain and spinal tumours.
Local boxers including TKO'S world title challenger Kevin Mitchell will be showing his soccer skills on the day when teams headed by WBA world champion David Haye, former king Ricky Hatton, former Repton BC starlet Darren Barker and many more will be taking part.
Teams from TV, show business and even boxing journalists will also be competing - with guest players from leading soccer clubs also scheduled to take part.
You may also want to watch:
TKO chief Johnny Eames said: "It is a great honour be associated with The Indee Rose Trust, run by the two parents who tragically lost their three-year-old girl to a brain tumour.
"They have set up this trust fund to raise valuable cash to help children under the age of 18 who are recovering from brain and spinal tumours.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
"We're privileged to put the Ultrachem TKO Gym name to the trust and we a yearly football tournament for the trust.
"The response to the first tournament has been fantastic.
"So many boxing stars, journalists and stars from music and television have pledged their support."
Tickets are priced at �10 for adults and �5 for children and are available at The Ultrachem TKO Gym, by calling 0207 474 319 or by logging on to www.ultrachemtkogym.co.uk.