Lansbury’s Choudhury and Moore show potential at Fairbairn show
- Credit: Archant
Adam Spelling had two more talented youngsters in action last weekend
Lansbury ABC had two boxers involved in a Fairbairn ABC house show on Friday night.
Jahad Choudhury and Alfie Moore represented the Poplar-based club and showed their potential on an exciting evening in East Ham.
Moore, aged 11, took on Fairbairn’s Hasan Sheikh in a good skills bout with both of the youngsters learning their trade and making there debuts.
The more experienced Choudhury, 17, also faced a home boxer and clinched a points win after producing a good display to continue his development.
You may also want to watch:
It capped another good weekend for Lansbury, who enjoyed a huge amount of success in 2018 – including James Fernley becoming a national champion with Maisie Callaghan a runner-up - and will hope for more this year.
Since reopening again in 2008, the London club, thanks to head coach Adam Spelling in addition to others, have developed and improved various talented youngsters at their Chrisp Street base.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park