Lansbury ABC enjoy grand show at Connaught Rooms with young hopes impressing
- Credit: Archant
Fearnley brothers were some of the boxers to catch the eye on successful night under Mickey Helliet promotions
It proved to be a successful weekend for Lansbury Amateur Boxing Club with several fighters impressing at their annual show.
The Lansbury ABC show, which took place last Friday at the Grand Connaught Rooms, was sponsored by Berkeley Homes and promoted by Mickey Helliet.
The big dinner show was a huge success and all eight bouts provided an equal amount of drama and entertainment.
Several Lansbury boxers took part with twin brothers James and Johnny Fearnley impressing against St Paul’s fighters, who had came down from Hull.
You may also want to watch:
James won by a unanimous decision while Johnny saw off his rival with a split verdict, but both were celebrating at the end after chalking up more victories.
Lansbury’s Amo Khayer defeated Harry Robins, of Lions BC, by a unanimous decision while Rihat Uddin saw off a Croydon opponent after the referee was forced to stop the contest in the first round.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 5 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 6 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 7 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
Elsewhere, Lansbury’s Terry Conroy caught the eye at the NABC Championships by beating Omar Augustine to progress into the quarter-finals. Conroy’s win was all the more impressive considering he was up against a former national champion.
Fahad Salom was unable to follow in the footsteps of his club-mate though, as he lost to a Repton ABC fighter on a split decision.