Lansbury duo Fernley and Callaghan ready for finals
- Credit: Archant
The local youngsters will travel to Bridlington this weekend eyeing glory
Two of Lansbury Amateur Boxing Club’s brightest prospects are preparing for a big competition this week.
The Poplar-based club have two fighters in the England Development Championship finals after James Fernley tasted success recently.
Lansbury’s talented ace saw off the challenge of Turner’s Boxing Academy youngster Cher Jallow with a point win on November 18.
Jallow, after winning 14 of his 15 contests, proved a fierce opponent and Fernley was not helped by a cold, but he boxed well enough to unanimously take the result in Farnham.
You may also want to watch:
He was given a walkover in the semi-final and is through to the final with club-mate Maisie Callaghan.
The Lansbury pair will now take part in the finals over the coming weekend all the way up in Bridlington, Yorkshire.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
Since reopening again in 2008, Lansbury ABC, thanks to head coach Adam Spelling, have developed and improved various talented youngsters at their Chrisp Street base.