More success for Lansbury’s Yasin at Lion Boxing Club show
- Credit: Archant
The Poplar-based club also hosted a show earlier this month which saw nine bouts contested
Lansbury Amateur Boxing Club have had plenty of their fighters in action of late and Yasin Akhamnichl secured an excellent win on Saturday.
The teenager took on a rival from Hackney’s Lion Boxing Club, who were hosting a show at their Hoxton home, and despite being up against the crowd favourite, the Lansbury ABC youngster won by a stoppage in the third round.
It was an impressive win for Akhamnichl and followed hot on the heels of a similar victory the previous weekend on November 2.
Lansbury ABC hosted their own show, which Berkeley Homes sponsored, at the Connaught Rooms and it was a huge success.
You may also want to watch:
The Poplar-based club, who are situated in Chrisp Street, had six fighters in action on the Friday night show and there were nine bouts overall.
Akhamnichl defeated a rival from Smallholdings ABC in the third round while Tomas Ramuckas showed his class on the way to a victory over an Old Swan ABC opponent.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
There were also successes for Lansbury talents Myles Lowe, Jahed Choudhury and Maisie Callaghan, while Reis Wilson lost out after a close battle.
Head coach Adam Spelling, who has helped develop and improve plenty of local youngsters, said: “All of the bouts were great contests and everyone boxed really well.”