Lansbury Amateur Boxing Club’s Terry Conroy defeated in semi-finals of England Elite National Championships
- Credit: Archant
The Poplar-based club are keen to take on more boxers after developing various local youngsters over the past decade
Lansbury Amateur Boxing Club’s Terry Conroy suffered a narrow semi-final loss in the England Elite National Championships last week.
The 20-year-old middleweight lost on points to Fairbairn’s Joshua Gustave in the last four of the competition.
Conroy had produced an accomplished display in the quarter-finals earlier in the day to defeat Lamin Conteh.
The Lansbury boxer won by points to reach the semi-finals, but couldn’t overcome Gustave and missed out on the final.
You may also want to watch:
Conroy couldn’t hit the heights of his last-eight win, and appeared to be fatigued after his earlier bout with Conteh.
Nevertheless, it was a fine showing from the Lansbury ace and the club plan to have more members in action soon.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
The Poplar-based club, who are situated in Chrisp Street, are keen to take on more boxers with all ages welcome.
Since reopening again in 2008, Lansbury ABC, thanks to head coach Adam Spelling, have developed and improved various talented youngsters.