Coronavirus: London Cricket League support Essex Cricket’s Outreach campaign
- Credit: Archant
The London Cricket League have been showing their support for Essex Cricket’s Coronavirus Outreach campaign with an online challenge.
The community sports organisation aims to bring communities together through cricket, running a T20 summer league and tournaments for different ages groups for boys and girls with an indoor and outdoor facility.
Co-founder and secretary Nahid Nawaz Rana explained: “During lockdown I made some cricket drill videos at home and posted them on social media as a challenge.
“I also showed me teaching my five-year-old how to play cricket and showed her some cricket drills.
“To support the Essex Cricket Coronavirus Outreach campaign during lockdown we have organised an online challenge named ‘LCL Covid Cricket Challenge 2020’ for different Teams.
You may also want to watch:
“This made lots of players busy to do some cricket activity at home. In response to this challenge, eight teams submitted their different cricketing activities video to me.
“Now LCL management will judge those team performance videos and declare the champions and runners-up. It’s great fun and the teams were active at home making their team activity video.”
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided