Ice hockey: Lee Valley Lions 2 Peterborough Phantoms 17
- Credit: Archant
Lee Valley Lions suffered a second heavy defeat as they crashed to a 17-2 defeat against Peterborough Phantoms NIHL 2.
Former Lion Nick Alley struck against his old club within just 57 seconds as he slotted a shot past James Andrew.
The visitors found themselves 4-0 up after ten minutes as Conor Pollard, Shaun Yardley and Jordan Liddell all added to Alley’s early goal.
Pollard grabbed his second of the night with Alley and Sam Barlow linking up beforehand.
Then Jake Samal made it 6-0 in the 16th minute before Lions got one of their own thanks to Joseph Berry only seconds later.
You may also want to watch:
Alley then bagged his second just 19 seconds into the second period of the match with Yardley and Pollard picking up assists.
In the 27th minute Pollard secured his hat-trick this time Yardley and Alley grabbing the assists.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
They then scored three goals before the end of the period to make it 11-1 thanks to goals from Jack Sansby and another for Pollard and Alley.
Lions Jordan Sullivain then went to the box for a late hit and the Phantoms capitalised on the man advantage as Craig Ellis found the net.
A minute later Pollard netted his fifth of the night to make it 13-1 with 13 minutes and 27 seconds left in the match.
Alley then fired home for his fourth goal to make things worse for the hosts.
In the 53rd minute Samuel Dean then added to the tally to make it 15-1 with assists going to Jack Sansby and Robert McDonald.
Connor Hunter then got in on the action as he got his name on the score sheet to stretch their lead to 16.
Then Samuel Dean grabbed his second to make it 17-1 with less than three minutes left in the match.
Lions then grabbed a late goal to reduce the score line to 17-2 thanks to Richard Hodge after a link-up between Berry and James O’Brien.
Lee Valley Lions: Joseph Berry 1+1, Richard Hodge 1+0, James O’Brien 0+1.
Peterborough Phantoms NIHL 2: Conor Pollard 5+3, Nick Alley 4+4, Samuel Dean 2+2, Shaun Yardley 1+7, Jack Sansby 1+4, Craig Ellis 1+2, Connor Hunter 1+0, Jake Samal 1+0, Sam Barlow 0+2, Ross Clarke 0+1, Bradley Wright 0+1, Robert McDonald 0+1, Callum Worthington-Evans 0+1.