Lee Valley Lions down Jets
- Credit: Archant
Slough Jets 2 Lee Valley Lions 3
Lee Valley Lions held off hosts Slough to take the National League Division Two East points and end the season on a winning note.
Captain Nick Alley scored twice, with James Hepburn claiming the eventual game-winner against the Jets to allow Lions to climb above their rivals in the standings.
Only nine seconds had been played when Alley was given a minor penalty for interference, but the visitors survived the shorthanded spell.
And when Slough’s Timo Lindgren was binned for tripping soon after, Lions opened the scoring through skipper Alley with barely three minutes played.
You may also want to watch:
Alley went from hero to villain as he was back in the penalty box on a charging penalty, which allowed Chris Hocquigny to level on a Jets powerplay.
And both sides suffered a string of further minor penalties as the scoreline remained unchanged throughout the rest of the opening period and the middle session.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 9 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
Alley put his side back in front early in the final stanza, but Lee Valley’s joy was shortlived as Jamie Chandler squared matters just 30 seconds later.
Lions claimed the decisive goal with just over eight minutes remaining, though, as Hepburn fired past Matt Smital, who made no fewer than 60 saves in the home net on the night.
Scorers, Slough: Hocquigny 1 Chandler 1 Darmanin 0+1 Lindgren 0+1 Martin-Digby 0+1.
Lions: Alley 2 J Hepburn 1 AIken 0+1 Sin-Hidge 0+1 M Hepburn 0+1.
Penalty minutes: Slough 20 Lee Valley 24.
Shots faced: Smital (S) 63 Andrew (LV) 43.