Lee Valley Lions fall short against Guilford Phoenix
- Credit: Archant
Lee Valley Lions fell to their third straight defeat as they lost 2-0 to National League Division Two new boys Guildford Phoenix.
Goals from former Lee Valley junior Bailey Wootton and Oliver Denis sealed the points for the Phoenix.
The hosts welcomed back Daniel Tamasauskas, Robin Young and captain Nick Alley, while 17-year-old netminder Brett Shepherd backed up James Andrew for the clash, but they were without Michael Crosse, Lee Hounslow and Robyn Maby.
The first period got off to a rapid start, with the visitors showing their speed and skill as they peppered Andrew with shots early.
One of those found its way through, with Oliver Denis netting after receiving a pass from Joshua Abbott.
You may also want to watch:
And Guildford doubled their lead with a shorthanded goal as Wootton raced clear after a pass from Nick Minhinnick to slot past Andrew on a breakaway in the 27th minute.
Lions travel to Solent Devils on Saturday.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided