Lee Valley Lions re-sign Jones and Hounslow
- Credit: Archant
Lee Valley Lions have announced the re-signings of coaches’ player of the year Simon Jones and forward Lee Hounslow for the 2017/18 season.
The club welcome back defenceman Jones for his third season in the green and blue, after a breakout season last campaign.
The 30-year-old said: “I am delighted to be playing for the Lions again.
“We have a great dressing room full of players that want to better themselves and help push the team to the next level, as well as supporting each other to create a great team atmosphere.”
The former Chelmsford and Slough junior, who joined the Lions for 2015/16 season after taking 10 years out the sport, notched 13 points in 19 appearances for the club last season.
You may also want to watch:
“I am looking forward to putting in the hard work on and off the ice ready for the season ahead so that we continue to get better after making great strides last season with George as coach.
“I also hope to build upon the performances I put in last year and continue to personally improve in order to help the team.”
- 2 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
Forward Hounslow is back for his second term at the club, after joining the team in December, scoring seven points from eight games.
The 32-year-old said: “I’m very excited to be playing for the Lions again this season.
“Although I only played half the season last year, my time with the Lions has been very enjoyable, the team spirit and camaraderie is second to none and I can’t wait to get the new season underway.
“It’s going to be a very competitive league this year and I’m looking forward to the challenge.”
Coach George Alley added: “I’m so happy to have these two back, both added a great deal to the team and form the core that I’m looking to build from.
“Simon emerged not only as the most reliable member of the team, both with his points and commitment but he also showed himself to be one of the pivotal leaders.
“Lee came to us when we only had one win under our belts, and although we lost on his debut, it’s fair to say he was a major part of our improved performances.”